A new smart venting machine was installed in Shinagawa Station and it seems that it attracts TV press. This machine can recommend drinks based on the appearance of customers as it haves face recognition software.
The video is in Chinese but here is some interesting points from the video :
- High school girls think it’s cool.
- Some customers have trouble figuring out what part of the screen needs to be touched in order to buy a drink.
- When it detects a young man, it recommends a sports drink or bottled water.
- When it detects a woman, it recommends tea or bottled water.
- It has trouble detecting faces when eyes are blocked by dark sunglasses.
Manufacturer says that it planes to produce 500 more touch panel machines within the next 2 years.
Personally… I love China!!